This fundamental process will help you achieve your financial goals! Simple, yet you will need to remain focused, intense, and determined. Ready to step up to the challenge?
Let’s Explore What Budget Chaos is all About
I’m Nolan Martin, creator of Budget Chaos. If you desire to take control of your finances but don’t know where to start, then this page is for you.
My belief in helping you learn is echoed in my military leadership philosophy: lead by example, be honest, work hard, and always improve. That’s what I’m all about and that’s what Budget Chaos is all about. I’m here to help you start and stay motivated through the process.
The Financial Targeting Process:
Find, Fix, Finish, Exploit, Analyze
United States Special Operations Forces coined an acronym that explains their targeting process, or the process to kill an enemy. This process is best known as F3EA, or Find, Fix, Finish, Exploit, Analyze.
This five step process is used during the most difficult missions of finding and eliminating terrorists. This is the same five step process we will use to get on a budget, eliminate debt, and plan for the future.
Step 1: Find
How can you change, start, or fix a budget if you have no idea where your money is going? Step 1: Find is simple: Find the enemy, find the debt.
- Determine Monthly Household Income
- List All Debts & Investments
- Monitor/Record Cash Flow for 30 Days
- Qualify for Term Life Insurance (if needed)
- Create a Will
Step 2: Fix
Time to get to work. You will now create your budget and lay out all of your debts. You have determined the precise location of the enemy.
- Create a Monthly Budget
- Save $1,000 Dollars as an Initial Emergency Savings Account
Step 3: Finish
Mass all of your excess money on your debt. Get a second job. Absolutely bare minimum lifestyle. Intense focus. Capture/Kill the enemy.
- Pay Off All of Your Debts
Step 4: Exploit
The fighting has ended. Now you can breathe. Plan for your family, large purchases, giving, and your retirement.
- Build an Emergency Savings Account of 3-6 Months of Expenses
- Plan & Save for Your Down Payment on a House (If necessary)
- Plan & Save 15% of Your Income Towards Retirement
- Plan & Save for Children’s College
- Plan & Save for Future Expenses
Step 5: Analyze
Continuously refine your monthly budget. Build wealth and give generously. Develop mentally and always improve.
- Pay Off the Mortgage Early
- Give Generously
- Plan for Retirement
What is Budget Chaos About?
- Budget Chaos is a resource to improve your understanding of personal finance concepts to help you take control of your money. Even if you already have great control, your ability to contribute and help others will ultimately lead to the success of this team.
- I’ll continue to refine the processes and resources to help you on your journey. A good tool that is currently underway is the Blog. Join the team here and please leave your comments on what you like or didn’t like about an article. Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest and greatest information, resources, and tips!
What is Budget Chaos Not About?
- This is not a program that will turn you into an overnight success story. In fact, there is nothing sexy to the principles I teach. As any good unit in the military will tell you, it is about becoming an expert at the fundamentals.
- I’m not a money guru. I do not analyze the stock market daily and I’m not going to provide you with the winning stock. This will be a long process that will require you to remain deliberate and patient.
Thank You for Being Here
I want to hear your stories. How else can I help you? I want the Financial Targeting Process to be an experience we share together. That’s how we all learn and grow, including me.
I do my best to respond to emails. In everything I do here with Budget Chaos, I truly want to help you on your journey.